Be Richmond Patrol Team
A Reassuring Presence
The Be Richmond Patrol Team provides important support services to member businesses, the local community and visitors to our town centre.
They offer a welcoming and reassuring presence within the Be Richmond footprint, helping to keep our business community safe through close liaison with the police, the local council and outreach workers.
Be Richmond partners with Parkguard to provide this service. Parkguard is accredited under the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS) by the Metropolitan Police and is also a service provider to the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames (LBRUT).
Operating Hours & Contact Details
A team of two experienced patrol operatives work in the town centre area at the following times:
- Fridays 4pm until 12 midnight
- Saturdays 4pm until 12 midnight
To contact the team during these hours, call 07535 965734.
Please note that the Be Richmond Patrol Team are not police officers and have no powers of arrest. To report a crime in progress or a person in immediate danger, please dial 999.
The Be Richmond Patrol Team employs a holistic approach to managing security issues within the town centre. This includes:
- Deterring, responding to and reporting on low level crime and antisocial behaviour, such as shoplifting, mugging, pickpocketing, street drinking and loitering.
- Monitoring and moving on rough sleepers and beggars in line with guidance provided by the police and local outreach workers.
- Acting as a point of contact to assist police with known offenders
- Creating a welcoming, visible presence for members of the public, and offering directions and advice for shoppers and visitors.
- Reporting environmental issues such as rubbish build-up, fly-tipping, graffiti and vandalism to the appropriate local service provider.